STaaS - SAN Engineer
- 6 months
- Philippe Mantel
We The Brains are looking for a well educated STaaS Engineer for our client who will be responsible for a Block Storage service in day-to-day operations, both technically and architecturally.
In his role, he takes over the technical gateway from the customer to the manufacturer and reports accordingly.
STaaS - SAN Engineer
with the option to extend the contract - team lead role can be achieved
- Role as STaaS, Block Storage Engineer with aspects of an architect
- Acting as gateway between local Delivery team, Engineering and the Managed Service Team
- Leading complex projects/tasks and providing consultancy
- Measures performance, capacity and load analysis to ensure stable and efficient operational conditions
- Complex root cause analysis in context of stability
- Planning, coordination and Installation and software upgrades (Microcode/Firmware)
- Take technical ownership of assigned incidents, problems according the SLA's
- Supporting L2/L3 STaaS, Block Storage Engineers
- Reporting to Service Delivery Manager and show potential of technical innovations and architectural changes
- Training of team members
- Have support experience for client systems; or more than 2 years corresponding IT work experience
- Understanding of Block and Unified storage concepts and software
- Wide experience in Infrastructure environments/architectures (Storage, Network, Compute)
- Understanding of SLA processes and methods (ITIL)
- Self-motivated and self-contained
- Good communicating skills
- Open to learn and pick up new technologies
- Programming/Scripting Capabilities are a plus
- Fluent written and spoken English language, German give you a bonus
I am happy to receive your application via one of the two application links on this page. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
The Brains has been recruiting IT professionals and experts for over 20 years. We have proven ourselves to be a competent partner for our clients and candidates. To do justice to this, we maintain our relationships on a daily basis and can thus create real added value for all parties that will have a positive impact on your future.